Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tis the Season

Tis the season to eat way more than you need to and be lazier than any other time of year......if you must indulge here are some great workouts to keep your heart pumping!

Rodney Yee makes awesome yoga videos for the beginner up to the bendy yoga masters.  I absolutely love doing a bit of yoga before a practice or a bout, and with winter depression yoga really helps me relieve some tension.  This video is very simple and a great workout to work off some of those big holiday meals and not feel so full and slow for 2 weeks straight.  I am personally not a fan of the entire holiday overeat and over consume thing, but if you love it...love your body too and keep it moving!

Some fast feet with Quadzilla is sure to get your heart pumping and it does so much for your legs and booty....and makes you feel great afterwards. 


Before I end up posting 25 different videos of Quadzilla doing bad ass derby exercises, just check out the channel on youtube.

There is an entire workout dvd made specifically for working on your derby muscles, Roller Derby Workout, you can enter to win your own copy of the dvd HERE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I needed this!! THANK YOU Vegan Derby Girl!! Happy Holidays :D

Vegan Derby Girl said...

happy holidays to you as well!! We all need a little Rodney Yee and Quadzilla in our lives! The Roller Derby Workout DVD is friggin amazing, I got my copy when I started skating and it really helped me get through the derby growing pains!