Monday, February 14, 2011

What a way to spend Valentines Day

Today started out with 2 cinnamon buns from Cinnaholic, one with Carmel frosting and one with maple.  Oh baby Oh Baby!  These are amazing!  They are big cinnamon buns so I had to share and still have some left, the flavor exploded in my mouth....cinnamon heaven..
                                        the picture is kinda crappy, but i have a crappy camera...
                   heat these babies up for a few minutes, slather with the frosting and MOW DOWN!!!!
I just want everyone to know that my birthday is in September, and I wouldnt be too terribly upset to receive some of these babies in the mail!


Now the knitty gritty on cinnamon!  There are tons of health benefits of cinnamon, thats why it is great added to a tea or coffee in the morning.......

  • just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol
  • regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes
  • significant relief in arthritis pain
  •  cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory
  • great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium
  • Cinnamon strengthens the cardiovascular system thereby shielding the body from heart related disorders. It is believed that the calcium and fiber present in cinnamon provides protection against heart diseases
  • Cinnamon has traditionally been used to treat toothache and fight bad breath. Small pieces of cinnamon can be chewed, or gargled with cinnamon water which serves as a good mouth freshener
  • Due to its anti fungal, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-parasitic and antiseptic properties, it is effective on external as well as internal infections. Cinnamon has been found to be effective in fighting vaginal yeast infections, oral yeast infections, stomach ulcers and head lice
  • Cinnamon has also been found useful for women's health as it helps in providing relief from menstrual cramping
  • Those who eat cinnamon on a regular basis often report that their muscle and joint pain, as well as stiffness, is reduced or even eliminated
  • and best of all.....cinnamon has been known for centuries to be an aphrodisiac....
No wonder I feel so good after those early morning cinnamon rolls!  1/2 tsp. of cinnamon consumed daily is good for you all around...and especially good in the winter as it will raise your body temperature on those cold cold nights!

Today is Valentines Day, which I dont really celebrate, I just see it as another Hallmark holiday to make money and for shitty relationships to seem loving for 1 day a year.  "Hey honey I know I treated you like crap all year but this cheap dairy chocolate and bouquet of flowers make it all right, right?"


That being said, this will likely make me sound hypocritical....but Jessbot is taking me for some delicious vegan sushi followed by milkshakes at Strong Hearts Cafe...but the sushi place only has half price sushi on Mondays and Jessbot just got taxes back, so really it just happens to be a Hallmark holiday.

Today is a day for the Roller Derby Workout DVD, as marked in my planner.  That means I will do the workout dvd then hit the gym for some light weight work, I am really trying to work on my arm strength.  Especially since our coach has us doing push ups where you go half way down, then 3/4 then all the way up in any order he says and for as long as he says.  HOLY PUSH UPS!!!!  Looks like tomorrow will consist of 45 minutes of cardio and 50 push ups, yikes!  Tomorrow is also a derby day, so I will work my butt off with the cardio and push ups then go to derby and blow off some steam!

Yesterdays derby practice was A-MA-ZING!  I set a couple goals for myself before practice, they were to be more aggressive and to hit people.  I reached both of those goals and decided that for every practice I will go in with some goals in mind, that way I hold myself responsible if I dont meet those goals and try to figure out what I can do to meet them at the next practice!  We did a lot of drills with fast turn arounds yesterday and I am not so great with the turning let alone quickly, so that is something I will continue to work on at our open skates, that and my crossovers going in the correct direction.  I am getting so frustrated with the damn crossovers, I can do them pretty sassily in the opposite direction but not the direction that the entire sport is played in....I always have to be the odd one!

No comments: