Thursday, February 10, 2011

Best Lasagna IN THE WORLD!



You will need:
Box Rice Lasagna Noodles (I just prefer gluten free pasta, which since the sausage is wheat gluten, makes 0 sense, but hey its how I do things....use what you like)
Package of Italian Field Roast "Sausages"- thawed
Jar of sauce- or homemade sauce
2 Tblsp. italian seasoning
bunch fresh basil
1 Tblsp. dried oregano
2Tblsp. dried basil
1 brick of x-tra firm tofu drained and squeezed (to remove excess water)
2 Tblsp. lemon juice
2 bulbs of garlic (or depending on how much you like garlic, you can adjust)
1/4 c. soy, hemp, almond, rice milk (use your favorite)
1 package of fresh mushrooms
1 large red onion
splash of olive oil
2 cups fresh spinach
1 bag of Daiya mozzarella shreds

   I generally make my own homemade sauce, but my poor little crock pot took a spill to the floor...
 So I had to cheat and make the sauce on the stove top with a can of crushed tomatoes and tons of spices

****If your lasagna noodles need to be precooked, do so, strain them and set aside****
Start out simmering a bit of olive oil in a frying pan on low, add the mushrooms (cutup) and half of the red onion also chopped up.  Simmer until the mushrooms and onion are almost cooked, add a few cloves of chopped garlic.  Use all of the 4 field roast sausage links, crumble them in and mix.  Simmer until they are all done, set aside.
I didnt have a red onion to work with so I finished up my final leek of the season, wow did they last forever!


Blend your brick of tofu, lemon juice, oregano, fresh basil, dried basil, fresh spinach, soy milk, rest of the red onion.  This is your "ricotta" mixture.

First put down a layer of sauce, then layer lasagna noodles, ricotta, then the sausage mixture, then a layer of diaya shredded cheese, more sauce and repeat until you layer your last sauce then sprinkle the rest of your daiya cheese all over the top!














                    Bake on 400 for about 25 minutes, it might be different as I use a toaster oven!


This is seriously the BEST lasagna I have ever had, well other than grammas!  My gramma always used sausage in her lasagna instead of beef or whatever, so thats why I decided to make a recipe using sausage.

  The field roast Italian sausages add a great flavor to this lasagna and I assure you, this lasagna will make your mouth water!

 ENJOY!

No comments: