Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rhode Island Is For LOVERS

We made 2 trips to Rhode Island this summer, that's how awesome it is there! The second trip the weather was INSANE, and our tent actually would have ended up in the ocean had we not tied it down to a nearby tree. So instead of the ocean, we came back to our tent in the road!
We decided on our second trip to hit up Beavertail Lighthouse for some snorkeling in their awesome little tide pools. Naturally when we got there, the weather was less than favorable, so the water was a bit murky and we didnt see all that much. But we did get a few nice photos.....

                           Such a beautiful photo of Jessi snorkeling in one of the tide pools!

Beavertail Lighthouse...I had never been up close to a lighthouse before so it was pretty cool to see.

This summer was my first time ever snorkeling, and I absolutely love it!  I couldnt get enough, every time Jessi would ask me what I wanted to do for the day I had the same answer.  I especially love how you get to see all of the beautiful life under the water without intruding on their little world too much.  Schools of fish would swim right in front of my goggles and not even know I was there, it was incredible.

I was horrified when this jellyfish ended up on me, I had never seen one before and I dont know much about them...but I thought they could really hurt me.  Sadly, this one was already dead from the tide washing in, so after a quick photo of me with my scary ocean friend, the interesting blob of jelly went back to sea to mix in with the other critters that didnt make it through the tide.

                            Jessi in her sweet wet suit checking out the area before going in....

    We look like professionals....I cant wait to go back next year and strap my snorkel gear on!


Such a beautiful view......


This crab was at the bottom of the ocean...and looks to have a demon face on its back!  See it?


What a beautiful day at Beavertail hahah, the weather was insane.  The waves were high, and people were still out there fishing.........Obviously the beautiful photos of us snorkeling were a different day than the doom and gloom photos above hah.  Rhode Island was beautiful and we had so much fun...and the town we stayed in has a huge skating rink!  There was actually supposed to be an outdoor bout while we were there, but due to the beautiful weather it was cancelled!


2 comments:

(Karen) Lisa Daley said...

We're next door in Mass, and I agree parts of Rhode Island are beautiful and unspoiled. Glad you had fun!

Holistically Heather said...

it was amazing!! i truly cannot wait to go back...the ocean is so full of life and wonder...