Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 Brothers Long Island NY

AFTER A LONG DRIVE TO NYC WE DECIDED TO AVOID GOING INTO THE CITY AND HEAD RIGHT TO LONG ISLAND IN HOPES OF STILL BEING ABLE TO FIND YUMMY VEGAN FOOD. WHEN I FIRST ORDERED THE GPS ON MY CELLPHONE I WAS STOKED THAT THERE IS A VEGETERIAN FOOD SECTION WHEN FINDING RESTAURANTS....BuT ALAS VEGETARIAN IS A VERY LOOSE TERM. I MUCH RATHER HAVE A VEGAN OPTION ON THERE TO FIND PLACE.....

SO WE CALLED MaMA SNOGLES AND SHE WAS MORE THAN WILLING TO GOOGLE VEGAN PIZZA IN LONG ISLAND NY. I DIDNT EVEN CARE IF I HAD TO DRIVE 2 HOURS AWAY ON LONG ISLAND, I WANTED SOME AWESOME VEGAN PIZZA. WE WENT TO A PLACE CALLED 3 BROTHERS, AFTER A BIT OF MIXED UP DIRECTIONS. WHEN WE ARRIVED WE WERE ASSUMING IT WOULD BE A VEGAN BY DEFAULT PLACE WITH 1 OR 2 OPTIONS.

WE WERE SURPRISED TO SEE AN ENTIRE VEGAN MENU!!! APPETIZERS, SALADS, PASTA DISHES, AND OF COURSE VEGAN PIZZA. WE REALIZED THAT THIS WAS DEFINITLEY THE BEST PLACE WE WERE GONNA FIND IN THE AREA, DECIDING TO HAVE A NICE DINNER THE FIRST NIGHT AND GRAB A PIZZA FOR THE NEXT DAY DURING THE TOURNAMENT.

JESSI DECIDED TO GIVE THE TOFU SCAMPI A TRY, AND I GOT THE EGGPLANT PARMASEAN....WE ALSO ORDERED 2 APPETIZERS, THE BUFFALO CHICKUN WINGS AND THE MOZZ (DAIYA) CHEESE STICKS! GOOD THING I WASNT PLANNING ON SKATING, HAH!!

BY THE TIME WE WERE DONE GOOFING AROUND IN OUR HOTEL ROOM WE WERE BOTH VERY HUNGRY AND READY TO MOW DOWN. WE STARTED OUT WITH THE CHEESE STICKS, AND THEY WERE OUTTA THIS WORLD AMAZING!
IF YOU HAVNT TRIED DAIYA CHEESE YET, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. DAIYA CHEESE Has REVOLUTIONIZED VEGAN JUNK FOOD! THESE MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS WERE ROCKIN, AND THE MARINANA THAT CAME AS A DIPPING SAUCE WAS TASTEY AND PERFECT!





THEN CAME THE HOT WINGS, WHICH HOLY CRAP WERE AMAZING! THEY MUST HAVE BEEN WHEAT GLUTEN, AND THE SAUCE WAS THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF SPICEY. THEY CAME WITH A LITTLE STICK INSIDE TO MAKE THEM EASIER TO EAT AND POSSIBLY MORE CHICKEN WING LIKE (WHICH KIND OF WEIRDS ME OUT, SO ILL STICK WITH THE EASIER TO EAT IDEA) THE ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT, WHEN WE OPENED THESE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO COME WITH VEGAN BLEU CHEESE, AND IT WASNT IN THERE.....WAH WAH


THEM CAME OUR MAIN DISHES.....JESSIS TOFU SCAMPI WASNT WHAT SHE WAS HOPING FOR, HONESTLY I WOULD HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED AS WELL....THE TOFU HAD NO FLAVOR AND THE PASTA JUST TASTED LIKE BUTTERED NOODLES. AT FIRST WHEN JesSI SAID IT WAS DISAPPOINTING I DIDNT THINK MUCH OF IT, SHE COMES FROM A HUGE ITALIAN FAMILY AND HER MOTHER IS AN AMAZING COOK.....BUT ALAS HER SCAMPI LEFT MUCH TO BE DESIRED ESPECIALLY FOR HOW EXPENSIVE IT Was.




THEN CAME MY PARMASEAN, WHICH WAS PHENOMENAL. IT WAS STUFFED WITH A TOFU CASHEW RICOTTA, COVERED IN YUMMY MARINARA AND SLATHERED IN THAT AMAZING DAIYA CHEESE.







I CANT EVEN PUT INTO WORDS HOW DELICIOUS THIS WAS. IT CAME WITH A TRAY OF PENNE PASTA WITH MARINARA, WHICH WAS JUST THAT. IT WAS TASTEY BUT I GAVE IT TO JESSBOT TO MIX WITH HER LESS THAN YUMMY DINNER.


MY MEAL WAS SO DELICIOUS THAT THE NEXT DAY AT THE TOURNAMENT WE DECIDED TO GET THE PIZZA VERSION OF MY MEAL, IT WAS AMAZING AND HAD BIG DROPS OF THE TOFU CASHEW RICOTTA ON TOP.....YUMMMMMMM

 
THIS WEEK HAS BEEN THE FOOD RECOVERY WEEK, FULL OF SALADS AND FRUIT TO MAKE UP FOR THE CHEESEY BREADY UNHEALTHY TRIP TO LONG ISLAND.....BUT WHAT ARE VACATIONS FOR?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:O I am a Long Island native, just moved to Brooklyn this past year, and I had no effin clue this place existed!! omg!! I'm actually headed out there this weekend (for a derby boot camp LI's team is holding), and I will DEFINITLY be stopping by and trying everything I can possibly force in to my 135pound frame. GOD BLESS YOU!!!