Monday, May 24, 2010

NUTS NUTS NUTS

I am always out and about, I get hungry, need a snack and end up eating something thats not so healthy...(ie.. vegan candy bars)  Today, before we head out on a walk around the city I decided to plan ahead. 

I took my signature collection of ball mason jars, found one that was clean and dry, ready to be filled with TRAIL MIX!!  Nuts are chock full of vitamins and minerals, and tastey to boot.  I only eat organic nuts without salt, you dont need salt, they make the nut flavor disappear and it takes away the qualities that make nuts a wonder food!  I included cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, raw coconut shreds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, and raisins.  I shook the jar around, sealed it up, threw it in my backpack and we are ready to go.  I will keep the jar in my backpack, and fill it up as needed, so I always have a snack on hand, they dont call me SNACKS for nothing!



PS- Make sure you are getting enough WATER, now that it is warm out, even if you arent a DERBINATOR, you need water water water.  Our practice space is like a sauna, no matter how much water I drink before during and after practice, it is all sweat out in a matter of moments.  Hydrate yourself, ward off headaches and dehydration.  Love your body, love the power it has, and eat some nuts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Derby or Die said...

Hey!

Its always exciting to find other vegan derby gurrls! I might not be looking hard enough, but I cant figure out how to follow your blog?
Anyways, untill then i will just keep in posted under favorites!

Happy Skating,

Eris Throttle