Thursday, April 22, 2010

Who Loves Chocolate? Vegan Derby Girl sure does!

If you opened a box you received in the mail from Go Max Go and found this...


what would you do?
First thing we did was eat one of each of the candy bars, and do a little review of them......
First one we ate was the Jokerz


Jokerz are comprised of caramel, peanuts, and nougat with a rice milk chocolate coating.  Containing no hydrogenated oils, no cholesterol, dairy free, vegan, and no trans fats....if these stats arent winning enough, bite into one of these babies!  Jessi said it was delicious and very creamy, giving it a 4 skates rating. Since "snickers" were always my favorite as a kid I couldnt wait to rip open the Jokerz package and prove to critics that vegans dont miss out on anything.  And boy did I prove that, these are better than I ever remembered snickers being, not to mention that rice milk chocolate is sooo creamy.  Best of all, this is vegan and cruelty free.

The second chocolatey delight we ripped into was the Mahalo bar.





 The Mahalo bar is made up of coconut and almonds with a rice milk chocolatey coating.  I absolutely love the smooth coconut flavor with whole almonds, absolutely delicious.  The smell reminds me of a summer day at the beach.  These Mahalo bars have the perfect amount of sweetness, not too much not too little, just right.  These are a favorite in our house!

 The next bar we sank our teeth into was the Twilight Bar, caramel and chocolate nougat slathered in delicious rice milk chocolate. 



 Combine the nougat and the rice milk chocolate and you have heaven in your mouth.

Last but not least is the Buccaneer, chocolatey nougat covered in rice chocolate coating.



This bar is a chocolate lovers dream!!!  Chocolate on the inside, chocolate on the outside, chocolate all over your happy little face!

And the winners of the giveaway are.........

Tumble
and Veganosaurus

please email me derbygrrrrl@yahoo.com  with your mailing addresses!!!
Congrats!!!










31 comments:

ikkinlala said...

I'd like them to make a version of peanut butter cups.

ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

Jill said...

Aren't you a lucky lady! I love the Go Max Go bars but would love to see a vegan version of Wunderbar, Oh Henry, Mr. Big, and Eat More.

veganbackpacker at gmail dot com

punk in writing said...

We have a milk chocolate bar filled with hazelnut-cream filling here in Sweden. A vegan version of that would be awesomw.

Theresa AKA MostlyVeganMama said...

I loved Dove chocolates. I think the Twilight bar sounds delish!
I posted on Twitter
( http://twitter.com/MostlyVeganMama)
and I beacame a fan on FaceBook as well as posting there.
Good Luck to all!
Theresa AKA MostlVeganMama

punk in writing said...

I posted on twitter. Find me at
http://twitter.com/PunkInWriting

Stephanie Taylor (Lilly) said...

I recall loving those cookie and cream candy bars when I was a kid, a vegan version of those would be great!

mvegan said...

Oh YUM! I would love if they made a version of Heath Bars... mmmm! :0) mvegan5.etsy.com

mvegan said...

I'm a fan of your facebook page and am sharing on my pg.; http://www.facebook.com/mvegan5?ref=profile

Iben said...

i want anything!!! because in my country vegan chocolates are very hard to find :( ohh please please!!
Better idea? Go Max Go come to my country!!!!
Greetings from Chile.
ibenvert at gmail dot com

Stephanie Taylor (Lilly) said...

Just tweeted this contest:

https://twitter.com/VegasStephica/status/12357465214

stephica at gmail.com

tumble said...

Hey! they sound so yummy :3

elocin12 at gmail dot com

tumble said...

just followed you, under the name of "tumble"
also RTed at http://twitter.com/tumblenc

Kelly said...

man I wish they'd make a kit kat version! or reeses cups. sigh! i'd be thrilled to try the buccaneer though, can't get any of these wonderful things in the boonies where we live! :)

butterflymommy@Hotmail.com

Kelly said...

i also fanned you on facebook.

butterflymommy@Hotmail.com

Rachel Kooy said...

Nutrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobaltcat said...

They already made it-the Mahalo is like an Almond Joy!

kelly g. said...

Oooh, nomnomnom!

I'd love to find a vegan KitKat bar!

Heather said...

Peanut buter cups or kit kat bars would be awesome.

K the Grrl Friday said...

hmmm a vegan version of the coconut white chocolate lindt bars or a heath bar would be pretty epic

Pinkbubble said...

a vegan kit kat bar would be cool!

Pinkbubble said...

I just followed this blog too!

sophia said...

you're awfully generous. if i had twelve candy bars...i'd eat them all myself. i'd like to see a go max go! version of caramello bars, or reese's for sure, yum. thanks!

sophia said...

also, i'm a facebook fan.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/sophia.magnone?ref=profile

sophia said...

and i tweeted! http://twitter.com/carnalvegan

Erica said...

I'd love go max to make a vegan twix! yum!

elizabeth said...

I'd like to see a vegan version of a Cadbury Crunchie bar. Milk chocolate with a honeycomb center.


wevegotcoffee at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

I love love love almond joys, but haven't haven't had one since becoming vegan.

jschlott at stny dot rr dot com

Vegbee said...

oh wunderbars, mint areo, easter cream eggs, coffee crisps, even turkish wonder - I miss chocolate bars! I am eternally grateful for lindt for making vegan chocolate available in every grocery store, but I miss the combos of nuts, chocolate, nougats, and creams. I'm thinking chocolate bars would be a good pre-derby practice snack for lots of energy. Yum, count me in!

Veganosaurus said...

I'd LOVE some Vegan KitKats!!

Contact: http://artbysusmitha.etsy.com

Veganosaurus said...

OMG this rocks!!! :) Can't wait to get my bars!!! :)

Congrats to Tumble too. :)

baby crib said...

These are nice and delicious chocolates you have here. I liked all of them.