Thursday, February 25, 2010

After a long day, what's better than homemade vegan peanut butter cups?

Who says vegans only eat sprouts and grass?!?!  Well, not this vegan.  Though I do try to eat healthy 99% of the time, maybe even 97% of the time...I also enjoy sweets, especially if they involve chocolate and/or peanut butter!  If I am having a rough week I will splurge and eat something so rich and satisfying that it puts me into a chocolate coma.

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups, Oh My!
Ingredients:
1 c. vegan chocolate chips (check the health food area of your grocery)
1/2 c. CREAMY peanut butter
1/4 c. vegan confectioners sugar
dash of vanilla extract
Muffin wrappers or smaller ones ( in retrospect, I wish I had the smaller ones, the large ones are like an entire meal....cant eat a whole one all at once!)

Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, spread a thin layer of chocolate on the entire inside of the wrapper, NO HOLES, try to get the sides really well too.  A rubber spatula or a food paintbrush will work best.  Set aside, or in the refrigerator to cool off!

Make the peanut butter filling by melting peanut butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla in a double boiler.  When the chocolate filled cups are cool, fill each cup with peanut butter filling...be careful not to melt the chocolate..you kind of have to just plop the peanut butter in them.  Let cool, then use remaining melted chocolate chips to cover each cup, refrigerate them until they are set....or if you are impatient like me, throw them in the freezer!

I had planned to bring these to practice last night, but I didnt have enough ingredients to make more than 12, and I know we have like 30 people....."Bring enough for the whole class"

2 comments:

angelvamp13 said...

Please bring them next week :)

~Slay

Holistically Heather said...

hahahahah we will see, if i can find some smaller papers i can make more